Monday, February 14, 2011

You are in Control...

So a few days ago, someone told me that only I can control the things that happen in my life, and not to stress about the things I can't.  Easier said than done, right?  Then I came across this quote earlier today.  I don't know who the author is, but it is something like this:

"When you really matter to someone, that person will always make time for you. No excuses, no lies, and no broken promises."

How true this really is.  I've been on a self-journey of discovery.  I've been learning what is really important in my life, and that I don't need to keep searching for the fulfillment of self worth or approval.  All my life I have always felt like I needed approval, like I needed someone to tell me that I'm doing something right, that I need to do what they want me to do.  The only one in my life that can make me happy and self worthed is me, and not to let anyone take that away from me.  I am in control. 

So back to the quote, these two things sort of relate.  Myself  (and a dear friend that I love so much), both need to keep this in mind when we pick who we hold dear.  I (we) am worth it.  If they don't think so, then they are not worthy of me.  Only I can control how I feel, and who I associate myself with.  If I choose to have people in my life that make me feel miserable all the time, that make me feel like I have to prove to them that I am worthy, than they are not worthy.  They are not worthy of my time, dedication, and unending love.  No person should be made to feel less than a person, less than cared for, adored, respected, and loved.

Happy Valentine's Day to ALL those I love and hold dear to my heart. 

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment