It's superbowl Sunday. I'm tired, sick, and really not in a mood to cook. There's nothing in the house that sounds good. Then it hit me, I have hash browns and ground pork sausage in the freezer. I searched around for some recipe ideas on allrecipes.com, and came up with my version of several concoctions. What's better is this recipe is perfect for a breakfast meal or an easy dinner! I do not typically add salt to my recipes, unless I feel it's necessary. In this case, there's plenty of it in the sausage and crescent rolls.
Hash Brown Breakfast Bake
1 pkg crescent rolls
1 lb ground pork sausage
3 cups cooked hash browns/shredded potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mexican, parmesan, etc)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. roll out crescent dough in an ungreased 13x9 glass baking dish. Smoosh the seams together, basically creating a crust on the bottom of the dish. Prebake this for 5 minutes.
3. Brown up ground sausage in a skillet.
4. Cook hash browns. I used a cheater kind, Betty Crocker's seasoned hash browns. It had onion in it, so a little extra flavor. It comes in a box and needs to be rehydrated. Worked great for this purpose!
5. On prebaked crust, first layer the cooked sausage. Then layer the hash browns.
6. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese.
7. Whisk eggs with milk. Poor over the top of the conconction.
8. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of whatever cheese you felt like using at the time.
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
Enjoy! Since this is pretty much a full meal, serve with fresh fruit and juice. Feel free to add whatever else, onions, green peppers, garlic, etc. Whatever suites your mood at the time!